2015 AFRICA CUP - ZAMBIA - KALABA TO LEAD NATIONAL TEAM

Zambia coach Honour Janza has given the captain's armband to Rainford Kalaba after naming his 23-man squad for the Africa Cup of Nations.

8 Jan 2015
2015 AFRICA CUP - GHANA - NO BOATENG OR MUNTARI IN SQUAD

Ghana's new coach Avram Grant has named his first Black Stars' squad with an initial list of 31 players for January's Africa Cup of Nations finals.

8 Jan 2015
2015 AFRICA CUP - CAMEROON - SONG MISSES OUT ON SQUAD AND QUITS DUTY

Cameroon and West Ham midfielder Alex Song has retired from international football after his exclusion from his country's Africa Cup of Nations squad.

7 Jan 2015
2015 AFRICA CUP - ALGERIA - ABEID AND BELKALEM OUT OF SQUAD

Algeria have confirmed that their Newcastle midfielder Mehdi Abeid and Trabzonspor defender Essaid Belkalem have been ruled out of the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations because of injury.

6 Jan 2015
2015 AFRICA CUP - GABON - SOKAMBI REPLACES LEMINA

France Under-20 World Cup winner Mario Lemina, who declined a place in Gabon's 2015 Africa Cup of Nations squad, has been replaced by Bonaventure Sokambi.

5 Jan 2015
RISING STARS - CAMEROON - ONANA TO JOIN AJAX FROM BARCELONA

Barcelona youth goalkeeper Andre Onana has signed a pre-contract agreement to join Ajax in July, the Dutch champions announced on Saturday.

4 Jan 2015
2015 AFRICA CUP - GABON - DIDIER NDONG SIGNS FOR FRENCH SIDE FC LORIENT

The 20-year-old midfielder played with Tunisian outfit CS Sfaxien during the 2012-2013 season, and will represent Gabon in the forthcoming Africa Cup of Nations.

3 Jan 2015
2015 AFRICA CUP - EQUATORIAL GUINEA - COACHES - BECKER EXPECTED TO BE THE NEW COACH

Africa Cup of Nations hosts Equatorial Guinea are set to appoint Esteban Becker to replace Andoni Goikoetxea.

2 Jan 2015
HAPPY NEW YEAR

ALL THE BEST FOR 2015

1 Jan 2015
2015 AFRICA CUP - MALI - MAIGA RECALLED TO SQUAD

Modibo Maiga has been named in Mali's 23-man squad for the Africa Cup of Nations finals in Equatorial Guinea despite missing all their qualifiers.

31 Dec 2014

STARS IN EUROPE - ALGERIA - CLUB - Mahrez says he wants to leave Leicester

Leicester City Riyad Mahrez


Riyad Mahrez Leicester forward releases statement asking to leave the club.

Riyad Mahrez has scored 10 goals and provided seven assists for Leicester this season

Leicester City forward Riyad Mahrez has announced he wants to leave the club.

The 26-year-old, who joined from French club Le Havre for a reported £400,000 in 2014, said he had agreed "to stay for another season" following "a good discussion with the chairman" after the Foxes won the Premier League last year.

But he added he was "fiercely ambitious" and had "informed the club I feel now is the time to move on."

Mahrez, PFA player of the year in 2016, made 48 Foxes appearances this season.

He scored 10 goals and provided seven assists as Leicester recovered from a poor start to finish 12th in the league this year and reach the Champions League quarter-finals.

In a statement Mahrez wrote: "Out of the huge admiration and respect I hold for Leicester I wanted to be totally honest and transparent. I have informed the club that I feel now is the time for me to move on.

"I had a good discussion with the chairman last summer and we agreed at that time that I would stay for another year in order to help the club as best as I could following the transition of winning the title and in the Champions League.

"I've had the four best seasons of my career at Leicester and have loved every moment.

I feel immense pride to have been a part of what we have achieved during my time at the club, culminating in becoming Premier League champions.

"The relationship I share with the club and our amazing fans are something I will treasure forever and I truly hope they will understand and respect my decision."

 

 

 

30 May 2017
(BBC Sport UK)

Related countries

Related articles